Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) or kidney cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells
form in the tubules of the kidney.
RCC accounts for 2% of global cancer diagnosis. kidney Cancer is the 9th most common cancer occurring in men and 14th in women.
It is one of the most lethal urological malignancy.
Symptoms of Kidney Cancer
Symptoms of kidney cancer consist of blood in urine, people may feel a mass in the abdomen or vague abdominal (flank) pain. In many cases it is detected
incidentally on USG or CT scan done for other reasons. Symptoms of advanced disease include weight loss, Anaemia, Loss of appetite.
Diagnosis of Kidney Cancer
CECT Abdomen / MRI abdomen is done for diagnosis of kidney Cancer
Treatment of Kidney Cancer
- The treatment of kidney cancer include Partial or Total Radical Nephrectomy which includes removal of either a part of the kidney containing
cancer with a rim of normal tissue or the entire kidney depending on the size of the tumor.
- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy is not very effective in the treatment of kidney cancer. In cases of advanced disease surgery may be combined with
- At our center we are managing all types of kidney cancer patient with Radical or partial Nephrectomy with excellent results.
- The Largest Kidney Cancer successfully removed at our Center was of an 82 year old gentleman with a kidney tumor measuring 2.20 kg which is among one of the
largest kidney tumors removed till date.
- Early diagnosis and treatment is the key to better survival and improved outcome in Kidney Cancer. In case you have some worrisome symptoms you should seek
medical assistance without delay.